Back to blogging


I've tried this before for a couple of interests of mine but never kept it up.  I'm going at it again because I'm currently bringing out several new books on Amazon, both under my own name and under my writing name of David Farren.  They may not really be that new in themselves, in a few cases just being shorter versions of things I've already done, but I'm hoping to find new readers.  Also, some are ways of trying out things that I may have been thinking about for as long as I have been writing, which is just a little less than the time I have been teaching.

My wife shot this photo when we were in Thailand a few years back.  At one of the temples in Chiang Mai English-speaking tourists are very much encouraged to spend some time chatting with the monks to encourage their use of our language (and we also get hit up by often desperate high school or university students assigned to record themselves talking with us "native speakers").  The young monk had offered me a page in his book to jot down something I was trying to explain about the vagaries of English spelling.  This is one of the memories I want to share about my travels and my interests.  

In addition to comments on this site, do feel free to drop a note (no attachments, please) with your reactions to me at ProfessorDoug@internetlogic2.org.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is hate speech "free speech"?

Honoring St. Ignatius